Construction has taken-off at a record rate and, by enrolling in accredited plumbing schools in Baltimore MD, you will have the chance to start a career as a licensed plumber.
Training courses are approximately 1 year in total length, and they are generally accessible to help get you ready for an apprentice program and eventually the Maryland licensing exam..
Read on to learn about the entrance criteria for plumbing programs in Baltimore MD, how to become a certified plumbing, and just what to expect in the local employment market.
Furthermore we invite you to have a look at our comprehensive articles about careers in plumbing!
Plumbing Schools and Requirements
There are several prerequisites to be qualified for plumber training.
- Have transcripts showing that you have finished basic high school arithmetic courses
- You are at least 18 years of age
- Hold a GED or high school diploma
Suggested Plumbing Schools in Maryland
The following plumbing schools in your area are now accepting brand new students. So as to choose the right course, you are encouraged to get details from multiple schools ahead of choosing one.
Should you Have a License in Baltimore MD?
A plumber who is employed in Maryland is mandated by state guidelines to carry a current license. There happens to be strong grounds for this to be the case. The following list reflects a number of the most-important ones.
- Holding a current license is obligatory to operate legally in Maryland
- Making certain that plumbing contractors are licensed protects the security of clients and employers
- State, national and local codes and guidelines get changed regularly and licensure ensures that plumbers are cognizant of these revisions
Common Plumbing Certifications
There are currently 7 varieties of licenses available for plumbing contractors. Doing work within a specific field will require that you have the right one.
- Backflow Specialist Certificate
- Green Plumbers Training Certification
- Journeyman Plumber Certification
- Limited Volume Domestic Pump Certification
- Master Plumber Certificate
- Pump and Irrigation Certificate
- Residential Specialist Certification [
Find out more about Plumbing licensure by visiting here!
Finding a Job as a Licensed Plumber in Baltimore MD
Licensed plumbers in Maryland are in luck as the recent projections from O*Net Online show good growth. With the expected average growth in new plumber jobs to expand very quick every year until 2022, the substantial growth rate is much greater than the national average for all jobs. As a result, if you are trying to become a plumber in Baltimore MD, you’ll have plenty of possibilities to explore.
The Things You Should be Looking For in Plumbing Programs in Maryland
There are a number of fantastic classes that you could opt for, but you must ensure that the licensed plumbing schools you would like to sign-up for fulfill the minimum standards and requirements. You could possibly hear that plumbing programs are all exactly the same, yet there are some differences you should check out before choosing which plumbing schools to sign up for in Baltimore MD. It is very highly suggested that you take the time to make certain you confirm that the program or schools that you are thinking of has been authorized by the Maryland licensing board or some other accrediting agency. Generally, if the program is accredited by these bodies, you may also want to take a look at some other areas such as:
- Learn if the institution gives financial support
- Make sure the school’s program features an apprentice program
- Look for classes with a course structure that will meet Maryland certification standards
So, You Are Now Ready for Your New Career!
Now that you’ve been given the guidelines and details needed to become a licensed plumber, it’s now your responsibility to register for plumber schools now!